Previous editions can be found here.
Edition #1: 14 Jul 2020
☀️ Happy Tuesday and welcome to Vizard weekly Edition #1, curated content on Data visualization/Tableau/Power BI/ Clearing interviews and career growth in general. Some fun and interesting too 😍
Rapiddox is my is my favorite tool to generate Tableau/Power BI documentation in seconds. Highly recommend it if you want to avoid grunt work, save more time and actually sound smart in your team.
📙 Excerpt from Visualize This
Think of all the popular data visualization works out there—they all tell an interesting story. Maybe the story was to convince you of something. Maybe it was to compel you to action, enlighten you with new information, or force you to question your own preconceived notions of reality. Whatever it is, the best data visualization, big or small, for art or a slide presentation, helps you see what the data have to say.
Data can be boring if you don’t know what you’re looking for or don’t know that there’s something to look for in the first place. It’s just a mix of numbers and words that mean nothing other than their raw values. The great thing about statistics and visualization is that they help you look beyond that.
📊 Data Visualization Stuff
- Tableau just went full Salesforce in their Community. Google searches won’t work for now.
- Is SAP BO dead ? Should I move to Tableau?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve you deal with when it comes to reporting?
- The Analytics Setup Guidebook – Free e-book to restructure your knowledge of the complex data analytics landscape, and learn how to build scalable analytics & BI stacks in the modern cloud era.
- Coronavirus Cases in USA by Political Party of State Governor
- Dashboard which maps 600,000 Paycheck Protection loans so that you can see which businesses in your neighborhood were able to get funding and which were not.
Who is hiring? – Current hiring companies
Who wants to be hired? – Leave your details here if you are looking to get hired
Freelance gigs – If you are looking for freelance work
👨🔬 Interesting Stuff
what we call ‘intelligence’ is as much about virtues such as honesty, integrity, and bravery, as it is about ‘raw intellect’.
Closing your Mac notebook with a camera cover on it might damage your display.
😛 Fun Stuff
This is probably the coolest use of 3D cameras and VR I’ve seen. Someone built a real-life time machine for a year of his life by recording everything and turning it into a VR app.
Windows98 Running in the Browser – Took me 20+ years back in time.
👋 End Note
If you enjoy this Vizard weekly edition, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend or two. You can send them here to sign up. I try to make it one of the best emails you get each week, and I hope you’re enjoying it.
Reply back with questions, thoughts or any interesting stuff you come across this week. I love finding new things to read through members of this newsletter.
Have a great week
P.S: I would love to hear your valuable feedback on what you like, don’t like and things to improve. I’m all ears. This is for you.